page 17 - 27
of document at http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/bse/tsereg2002.pdf(from page 117) includes giving the Minister and his "officials" powers to
"Livestock" means any creature other than a dog kept for use in the farming of the land, and also any equine animal. "
- (i) seize any TSE susceptible animal
- (j) give any direction under regulation 83 below
- (k) serve any notice in connection with the slaughter of any TSE susceptible animal
- (l) slaughter any TSE susceptible animal from page 119
- 80.- (1) This regulation applies where an inspector is satisfied that for any purpose connected with the administration or enforcement of Chapter IV of the Community TSE Regulation it is necessary to prohibit or restrict the movement of any TSE susceptible animal, whether or not the animal is suspected of being affected by a TSE, from or to any premises...."